2020-2022 Undergraduate Catalog
Clarence M. Mitchell School of Engineering
Dean: Dr. Oscar Barton, Jr.
Associate Dean for Research & Graduate Studies: Dr. Arlene Cole-Rhodes
Associate Dean for Undergraduate Studies: Dr. Kemi Ladeji-Osias
The School of Engineering offers educational programs which ensure that students acquire the ability to master fundamental principles of engineering which may be applied effectively to benefit society. All efforts of the faculty and administration are directed at developing the students’ potential and preparing them to assume leadership roles in their chosen profession.
Goals and Objectives
The primary objectives of the School of Engineering are as follows:
- Establish a School of Engineering of the first rank.
- Instill in its students the confidence and competence required to meet the challenges associated with careers in engineering.
- Produce competitive engineers who have negotiated a well-balanced curriculum based on regional and national accreditation guidelines.
- Exhibit educational leadership in accomplishing the task of increasing the representation of African Americans and others who are underrepresented among engineering professionals.
These objectives are centered on three core academic “drivers” relating to:
- Preeminence in education through teaching and learning
- Excellence in Engineering practice and research
- Commitment to service to society-at-large
The School of Engineering awards the Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Transportation Systems Engineering, and Transportation Systems.